If you were to run a search for the top traits of successful entrepreneurs the list would probably go on forever. It’s one thing to think about character traits but those that own their own business are often going to possess more traits than the average individual. This isn’t just about character but this is about hard work, the ability to withstand stress and much, much more.
You may believe that there are people out there that are born with special gifts and talents that just don’t need any extra help or push in life. This isn’t true at all. In fact, it’s often those that seem to always get it right that need more help than anyone else. Are the most successful folks pure genius? Or, are they simply working hard along with their skills to make it happen?
There are several traits when harnessed that help a person become better and more able to do their job, so no it isn’t magic. However, most entrepreneurs score so high with these attributes that they seem to be uniform across the board. This means that they are definitely doing something that others are not. This does not mean overnight success, but it does mean that they know how to make it happen and have strategies to overcome problems and obstacles. Today, I want to share with you why stress isn’t something they have much of and what the top traits of successful entrepreneurs really are.
7 Traits of Successful Entrepreneurs
While it may seem vague to you, there are clear cut traits of successful entrepreneurs that always stand out. It seems that if you talk to the most successful people on Earth they have these traits without question. These include:
- Tenacity- This means that you have to have the ability to keep going even when things get ugly. It may not turn the profit you want immediately, but that is just a part of it. You have to keep going.
- Passion- Chances are that if you are working for someone else you aren’t enjoying what you are doing. You may have gotten a degree in your chosen field but perhaps you don’t enjoy it as much as you thought. If you don’t have passion for what you do, you won’t excel in it.
- Tolerance of Ambiguity- Those that are successful entrepreneurs no doubt have a healthy sense of fear, yet they NEVER freak out. If you are always neurotic and stressed out about everything you won’t be on the path to success. Risk taking is a must or forget it!
- Vision- It has been said that, “Without vision the people perish!” This is certainly true and vision is needed to help you figure out where you are going. You also want to be able to look at what needs still exist. Is there an untapped market? Have a vision and run with it. Above all, write it down!
- Self-Belief- if you don’t believe in yourself why would anyone else? One of the most important of the traits of successful entrepreneurs is that they believe in themselves. If you act as if, no one will question you!
- Flexibility- Did you know that changes is inevitable? If you don’t like change, too bad. It’s what we are made of. Change can be frightening but it can also be positive too. Be flexible enough that if something changes you can change with it.
- Rule-breaking-Don’t be so bound by the rules that you never take chances. Sometimes, you just need to say things that others won’t, and sometimes you need to consult others when they come up with ideas. Don’t live by a set in stone rulebook. It doesn’t always work either!
I hope that this makes good sense to you and for you. It should. Remember, taking chances is what having your own business is all about. Always remember that when in doubt it’s best to refer back to these “traits of successful entrepreneurs” so that you can take a quick check and see where you can make changes in yourself!